What Ball Joint/Lower Control Arm do I have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I hope so. This has been an unusual evening. I keep getting a timed out message.

But back to the question at hand, I checked the 1998 Suburban and it has the same style LCA as the OP showed. I am going to go out on a limb here a say that there have been 3 types of control arms over the years. The early trucks had full stamp/welded LCA's with bolt in BJ's( no forged parts), the second generation as it were was a combo stamped/forged LCA with pressed in BJ's and the last was a fully forged LCA that also took the pressed in BJ's. If any one has any different info post it up.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
For FS!! sorry about all of the multiple posts guys, I have had a hell of a time posting to night. I even tried logging in on another Puter and had the same issue. "timed out"???? Maybe it will be cleared up by morning.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I have forged arms, but ball joints for stamped arms are listed for my truck too. Those ball joints are also press in. They are a different diameter.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
Well I looks like the glitch in the forum is fixed,:banana-mario:. I did some digging and there are 3 different LCA's with corresponding BJ's. I looked up K 3500 parts
This not gospel but, 1988-1994 used a bolt in lower BJ. (PN 45D2135)
1995 used either a 45D2135 bolt in OR a 45D2232
press fit with a diameter of 46.13 MM/ 1.815.
1996-1999 used a 45D2232 for the stamped/forged combo arm OR a 45D2233 (47.89mm/ 1.885 for the Forged arm.

I know there are going to be a couple of odd set ups that I did not find yet.

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My burb has forged front lowers and they appear more like an aircraft part.
That said, I got something suddenly wrong that's related to this thread. The truck, Sub k2500, feels like it's hanging the rear body out when quick corrections are put into the steering wheel.
This is new and and it ain't right. I tow a 34' toy hauler with 1000 lbs on the tongue, about 8k trailer.
Just bought all bushings and new moog shackles. Installing prothane in springs. Nothing looks broken or loose. Front feels tight.
Any ideas on what might fail and cause this sort of feel..? Truck has 155k miles and in good condition.
The steering box has the variable delete. All worked well until recently.
Ideas appreciated!

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it feel that way turning both right and left?