What are some good aftermarket brands for headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got some off ebay for my Grand Am that were made by Eagle Eye (pretty sure) and they look good but didn't fit that great. And one adj. screw was cracked and almost broke off when it came out of the box.

I'm thinking about going with black or smoke. But idk if I want to get reg. lens or projectors.

What are your opinions on projectors or not?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket ones I have dealt with need a fair amount of fitting to look correctly centered in the grille shell opening. I have had one set fit fairly decently, but having installed 4-5 sets of these, I have had to grind down the locating pin on the rear, hog out the mounting holes and spend an hour a set with the grille in and out a few times to make them fit correctly.

Projectors can be fantastic... however most of the eBay crap is just that. Great White has a set in his truck, but he removed the stock bits ( bake the headlight in an oven to take it apart ) and replaced them with Acura projectors and a set of HID's.

In any case, if your reflectors aren't too badly pitted / wrinkled and the lenses are clear, you would be better off to adjust them properly ( if they still adjust that is.... ) and polish the lenses, buy new bulbs and a harness kit to get full voltage to them, rather than plop in a set of aftermarket lights.

Most of the aftermarket lights 'look' good from the outside, but the pattern is not as good as a clean stock headlight.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket ones I have dealt with need a fair amount of fitting to look correctly centered in the grille shell opening. I have had one set fit fairly decently, but having installed 4-5 sets of these, I have had to grind down the locating pin on the rear, hog out the mounting holes and spend an hour a set with the grille in and out a few times to make them fit correctly.

I've had to do this with 3 sets of TYC Elegantes on these trucks, and they're purported to be the "best" aftermarket lights. I'm thinking no such thing exists. ;)

Richard

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I've had to do this with 3 sets of TYC Elegantes on these trucks, and they're purported to be the "best" aftermarket lights. I'm thinking no such thing exists. ;)

Richard

Yep, the best fitting and performing lights are OEM, from the dealer.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, the headlights are pretty hazed. I never cleaned/sanded down headlights before. And the only reason I got headlights for my car was because I hit a deer and smashed the driverside.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I would forgo the smoked or black look light, unless you drive only in the daylight hours... any time you move away from a clear lens you lose light output.

I am sure if you check on youtube there should be some tutorials on how to polish your headlights. You could take the grille off to make it easier, or take the lights out of the truck to do it.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have used ANZO for my Halo headlights, LED parking lights, and tail lights. I really like them, and they seem to be holding up great. Don`t remember them being cheap, but thought they were well worth the price. Had no complaints with them.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had eagle eye lights on my 01 grand am they were awesome until my lights had issues going from high to low one would point low and the other would point up (I also hit a lot of water a few times going down my road and it was fun until I had electrical issues)