Well I'm an idiot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joesgarage

Wrench
Reaction score
The dist drives the oil pump
You can be a tooth off and the dist will sit down all the way
When you pull out the dist doesn't the rotor turn. that turning sometimes turns the oil pump and when you install the dist it goes in a "tooth off"
You have to remove the dist and turn the oil pump with a lg screwdriver and make it point to #5 cylinder.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys! One day I'll have a garage with a light, and these worries will be no more...

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys! One day I'll have a garage with a light, and these worries will be no more...
Put a heather in there too! you'd be supprised how many times you'll use it.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Put a heather in there too! you'd be supprised how many times you'll use it.

Oh dude...WHEN it happens...I'm talking a loft overlooking the 3-car/truck bay with a pool table, big TV's, a hydraulic lift, every tool imaginable...man cave, man. I'm riding out my time in a low rent place right now with a roommate buddy from college, putting some money away...it will be a reality one day.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh dude...WHEN it happens...I'm talking a loft overlooking the 3-car/truck bay with a pool table, big TV's, a hydraulic lift, every tool imaginable...man cave, man. I'm riding out my time in a low rent place right now with a roommate buddy from college, putting some money away...it will be a reality one day.
sounds like a great plan, personally, i would make the loft into the house part, but thats just me

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just cheat on the dizzy. Move the plug wires one spot clockwise or counter clockwise and try it. If it sounds close then tweak the dizzy until it runs right. Ghetto? Yes! But it works...