Weird window glitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ideally, you would just use the door shell from the Suburban, swapping its door panel switches with yours and feeding your existing wiring into the door.

Is that not what you did already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No i have not put my origginal wiring or switches into it. I am thinking about maybe doin that tomorrow if its not to much of a pain to do, id rather not start tomorrow and still have my door ripped apart when i go to work monday mornin
To just plug the door harness and stick it in the panel shouldn't take you any more then 30 minutes i just fully removed 2 door harnesses at the junkyard with panels on and everything in about 10 minutes, I obviously haven't stuck them back in yet but it's like 5 clips 7 or 8 plugs, prolly 10 screws and 1 10mm bolt just keep in mind when you pull the inner door skin your window will come
Down a bit so don't have your hand in there at that point because, that's what holds your window in place.
Yea i just replaced the harness with the original one. Still having the same problem though, my drivers side window works but the passenger side doesn't work. Now im out of ideas, where should i look next? What could be the issue now that its the original harness and master switch?

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Orange should be constant, yellow switched, then if your holding the pigtail in your hand that plugs in it'll be black white orange blue I think, if yellow has twelve bolts, it should toggle the 2 on the opposite sides of orange to 12v 1 is up one is down so click switch both ways when testing the wire, if you have an extra harness anyway you could cut off the pigtail to the window regulator, and stick it to a 12 or 14v drill battery obviously one to power side one to ground side, it should switch directions if the voltage is flipped. Does the driver switch work for both windows or only the driver window??

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Orange should be constant, yellow switched, then if your holding the pigtail in your hand that plugs in it'll be black white orange blue I think, if yellow has twelve bolts, it should toggle the 2 on the opposite sides of orange to 12v 1 is up one is down so click switch both ways when testing the wire, if you have an extra harness anyway you could cut off the pigtail to the window regulator, and stick it to a 12 or 14v drill battery obviously one to power side one to ground side, it should switch directions if the voltage is flipped. Does the driver switch work for both windows or only the driver window??
Ok gotcha but my little issue seems to have fixed itself oddly enough. Got in the truck to go to the fair tonight and it started workin again