Weird front end rattle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I having a weird rattle coming from my front end when I go over small bumps or wash boards so thinking it was ball joints I purchased all new one's had the shop put it up on the hoist and they said my ball joints are in really good shape aswell as the rest of the front end. I had them check all the steering parts and they can't find nothing wrong they checked out the brake pads as well. Iv done alot of work to this truck las little while but I can't seem for the life of me find out what whats causing this rattle it's not very loud but you can here it. Anyway suggestions would be great truck just needs to last few more years then I'm buying a new one.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rattles can be tough to find. I would put it up on jack stands with the weight on the suspension and go under with a heavy rubber mallot and start banging on things . Sometimes that will isolate the noise. Sway bar links are the most common thing to rattle in the suspension. look at all bushings in the front end including body and rad. support. It could be something that has nothing to do with suspension also.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Well we figured it out after I bought $500 worth of new front end parts thinking the worst. Turns out three out of the four center caps on my rims are worn out and are getting loose not to the point were there going to fall off but enough that they rattle lightly over bumps. I have no idea how I over looked this I've pulled them rims off alot lately scratching my head turns out the problem was right in front of my face. I pulled them all off the rattle was gone soon as I put them back on there was that rattle again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk