Weird fast blinker issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, ive dealt with a fast blinker many times but this is weird to me. My right blinker is fine, my left one blinks twice as fast, and when the headlights are on, its about 4 times faster than it should be. Why would turning the headlights on change this???

I should also mention I have LED tail lights as well.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a resistor in with your tail lights? LEDs provide significantly less resistance and it will make the truck think that the bulb is Burnt out. Headlights on would mean your tails are on constantly too, which to me makes sense if it's blinking faster.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If he means actual full-replacement LED taillights, most have the resistor built-in. If it's LED replacement bulbs in the original style sockets, then one of the circuit boards is probably bad or there's a ground problem elsewhere. Or the simple problem, a bulb elsewhere in the circuit is out.

Hack the flasher or replace it with an LED-specific unit to kill hyperflash with LED's is the quick answer, but I suspect you'll still be chasing a bulb out or a ground problem.

Richard

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If he means actual full-replacement LED taillights, most have the resistor built-in. If it's LED replacement bulbs in the original style sockets, then one of the circuit boards is probably bad or there's a ground problem elsewhere. Or the simple problem, a bulb elsewhere in the circuit is out.

Hack the flasher or replace it with an LED-specific unit to kill hyperflash with LED's is the quick answer, but I suspect you'll still be chasing a bulb out or a ground problem.

Richard
Nope I think it's a ground like you said because they're full replacement sets:

You must be registered for see images attach

93SierraZ71

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem and it turned out to be a bad ground wire connection, but I had a fast signal, and no tail/brake lights at all. Check the ground wire off the harness for tail lights under the rear bumper, it bolts to the frame at the back drivers side if I remember correctly. Could also be a bad resistor, I don't have LED tail lamps