Waxing after fresh clear coat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there could be many different variations in the color codes, even if u are using a rattle can a paint supply shop can mix paint for u and put it in an aerosol can and then you can have a perfect match, the color can be tinted to match the rest of the paint. your bumper still looks great the way it is tho, and being that its down low rather then up high people probably wont notice it very often.

I was thinking maybe a smoking compound? I don't know anything about them though

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Minimum 30 days for flash off on a rattle can job, if it's enamel. 60 days is better. Enamel "dries" from the outside in. It can feel dry and hard to the touch, but still wet inside. It needs the time for the interior "solvents" to flash off through the dried exterior layer. Bit more to it than that, but thats it in a nutshell.

"color sanding" isn't going to get you anything but better shine since your color is buried under the clear.

At this point, your color is what it is....

Last edited:

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I waited about 2yrs before I waxed as clay bared my truck after it being painted.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I spent about $100 on the color code paint and clear coat, and yesterday I went to the body shop in town and to have it professionally painted he quoted me $200... Wish I would've checked there first.. :banghead: