Warm Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunSetPrez

Reaction score
I just had a friend drop off his 92 1500 with a 350 tbi amd 700r4. This truck runs horrible until it warms up. Im not talking a little warm up, im talking like 15 minutes. Could it be just because its old and has a lot of miles? Im not sure where to start. It has a new fuel pressure regulator, cap, rotor, coil and icm. Im just not to sure where to start. Its not my truck but I have to move it around until I cut it apart and its a pain waiting for it to warm up.

SunSetPrez

Reaction score
No it shifts fine it just falls flat on its face. Im not sure how old the o2 sensor is. Mabe I will slap a new one in it tonight.

SunSetPrez

Reaction score
Theres no codes. It would be easy if it was throwing a code. I was thinking IAC or CTS but I dont know lol.

Wstrnsky

Big Sky Country
Reaction score
I believe you can reset the IAC valve pintle. I think the Haynes or Chilton manual tells how to do it. Might want to give it a shot and if it runs better it might narrow down the problem and be cheaper to test it than to spend money on a new one and still have the problem. If turns out the IAC valve is worn I would probably replace it since if it was out of adjustment once it is probably worn out and will start up again as soon as it has a chance. You can also pull the IAC valve and check to see if there are grooves from the pintle pushing into the housing to hard thus suggesting an out of adjustment as well. Mine idled like crap til I replaced it and no more problems.