Wanting to install overhead console in a 95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robby_C_robs

Reaction score
I have 95 Sierra sle extended cab and want to install a headliner console. The truck doesn’t have one currently and never has. I know I will have to cut holes for mounting. Will the roof already have the holes for the tabs to mount the rear and the hole for the front mounting bolt? If not I do not want to attempt. Also will this wire in to light already In headliner? Also does anyone have the measurements for where to cut?
Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you looked in the service manual covering the lighting and overhead panel removal/ installation? Generally accessory parts are manufactured to fit hard points that are allready in place. Attached with bolts/ rivnuts or trim screws/ tinnerman clips ? The manual illustrations show location of tab locations wiring.

robby_C_robs

Reaction score
I don’t have any type of service manual. I’ll try to get my hands on one to see if I can find something. Just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put an overhead console in my 95 extended cab several years ago. The mounting points were already in the roof skin under the headliner. I just had to cut the headliner appropriately.

On a related note, I have 2 tan overhead consoles for sale if anyone is looking.