Want to increase 2WD wheel travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailblazr81

Reaction score
Can I increase the wheel travel on my '91 2 wheel drive without spending a couple grand? I dont plan on racing it, just want to have some fun in the sand and dirt. Im only planning on running a 33" tire and just a couple inches lift.

trailblazr81

Reaction score
Theres a guy on another forum arguing with me that longer shocks will increase my wheel travel.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theres a guy on another forum arguing with me that longer shocks will increase my wheel travel.

Shocks act as a limiting strap when put up in the air .......... so longer shocks will let the suspension droop a lil more ..... but wont a longer shock bottom out faster with no lift?

I removed my sway bar and got a lil more travel, but did not like the way it drove with the fabtech lift , it leaned into the turns a lil to much for me........

trailblazr81

Reaction score
If the shocks are whats limiting your travel they wont last long on the trail. I have always made sure my shocks were long enough not to limit wheel travel.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
oh yea my bad, sorry guys. CST makes a Long Travel kit for the 88-98 C1500. its runs around $1200-1400. Advertises for 11" of travel, BUT it also increases your track width like 3.5 or 4 inches. So take that into consideration.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
oh yea my bad, sorry guys. CST makes a Long Travel kit for the 88-98 C1500. its runs around $1200-1400. Advertises for 11" of travel, BUT it also increases your track width like 3.5 or 4 inches. So take that into consideration.

A long travel will increase your track width at least 4" per side. Probably more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMACGMC