WA GMC owner, been lurking, here I am.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
I don't know what it is about Intro threads, feel like a goober when it's time to say something about myself...

I've been lurking here off and on for about a year now, my forum experience goes back to...1999? Earlier...? Yeaaaaaaars ago on Offroad.com BBS I watched a non-descript white CCLB GMT-400 transform from tow rig into one of the most badass wheelin' machines I have ever heard of. RIP Jason, would have loved to have met you.

Anyway, the GM Vehicle History:
1986 GMC Sierra Classic C2500HD 454/TH400/4.10s (first)
1983 GMC High Sierra K2500 400/SM-465/NP-208/4.10s ...my favorite, grew up in this truck, will never sell. Seriously, grew up in it, my dad purchased it the same month I was born. ~500,000k miles later and I own it.
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT, owned from ~22k -> ~188k (2001-2006); gas, oil, tires for the most part, truly an excellent vehicle.
2000 Cadillac Escalade, drove it off the lot with my Dad, we took it on a couple trips from 2000-2006, I started driving it in 2006 with 13k miles on it.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado LS ECLB K2500HD LB7/Allison
2007 GMC Sierra Classic SLT ECLB K2500HD LBZ/Allison
1996 GMC Sierra SL* ECLB K3500 DRW, 454, NV-4500, BW-4401, 4.56s (factory), Bradford built flatbed...numerous mods and work performed by none-other-than, my friend, 88GMCtruck and myself.

Looking forward to hanging out around here, enjoy the layout, appreciate the rules, good tech, and have already enjoyed a few of the BS topics.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:D Thank you sewlow; funny, I have been researching seats/material/availability and have been thoroughly enjoying all of your posts on the topic. Fantastic work you do, you're not far and I am sitting here contemplating getting the documents necessary to come say Hi.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Thanks! Appreciate the comps!
Where abouts are you in Wash?
I"m 800' from the border.
(Can you see me waving? Lol!)
All you need to cross the border is a passport. Or, what us Canucks have, an 'enhanced' D/L.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
(since this fits in with an "Introduction") ... I grew up on a farm in Othello, WA, farm sold, moved to Dayton, WA, went to school in Pullman, WA, took some time off in Poulsbo, WA, now finishing school in Ellensburg, WA...will relocate to West of the Cascades in a few months. To answer your question, hah, all over WA. At any given moment I am in Ellensburg, Dayton, Auburn-area, Seattle, or Poulsbo. :D

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
No wonder you need so many trucks!
Lot dryer on the east side of the Cascades. I lived for years just north of Okanogon. Prefer that climate much more than this damp coast.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No wonder you need so many trucks!
Lot dryer on the east side of the Cascades. I lived for years just north of Okanogon. Prefer that climate much more than this damp coast.

Indeed it is! My '83 is, for the most part, rust free and still has original paint on the frame...been an Eastern WA truck all but the last couple years. I had it in Poulsbo and guess what? Have a few bubbles starting at paint chips on front edge of hood, discovered that the front windshield is no longer sealed as the passenger side carpet has molded and is soaked... If the Seattle are didn't have so danged many opportunities (will have a BS in Industrial Engineering Technology in a few months) I would stay on this side of the Cascades.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
You mentioned Poulsbo,I used to live there,how funny someone else would know where that small town is :waytogo: