Vortec v6 to vortec v8 swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colton_HD

Reaction score
Code reader won't give me a code and both grounds are hooked up?

Sent from my Big Block iPhone using Tapatalk

Colton_HD

Reaction score
The spark looks weak. You are aware I took the 5.7 out of a 96 and put a 4.3 ol out of a 97 in it. The white plug bhind the glovebox has two more wires both purple for the 4.3. Also has a female plug as the v8 had a male. I need a pin out of that plug

Colton_HD

Reaction score
I did swap the entire harness. Bit it seems the plug on the driver side for the 4.3 is pinned for a stick but it had a auto

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's why it's not working. The harnesses are different. It will be looking for a NSS signal and it's not getting it

Colton_HD

Reaction score
Any way to fix that?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Haven't ever wondered about switching from manual to auto. Usually it's the other way around

Colton_HD

Reaction score
I don't think that is the issue. The bulkhead plug has 2 different wires. I really need the pinout for the bulkhead for the 4.3

Colton_HD

Reaction score
One is the purple for Manuel but the v8 has a yellow and then the v8 has a black one used for a ground but the v6 has a white one for somthing?