Viper alarm / key-less entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMS91

Reaction score
I recently installed a viper 3305v alarm system in my 91 c1500 and cannot find any sort of lock relay, also iv tried splicing into the black- red / black-white wire (it changes from one end of the plug to another), and iv tried the light blue wire that keeps being referenced in diagrams and cant get it to work. I'v been at this for the last three days and so far am not getting any were any suggestions???

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You have to add relays for the locks in order for the alarm to control them. Your truck isn't equipped with any.

Richard

AMS91

Reaction score
Thanks how would i go about installing the relays and which wires do i use for them??

eiriktveiten

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DEI makes a module for them. I used it in mine, was really easy to hook up. Its the DEI 451m that I used.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Love the 451m small easy to hide in the door. Mad my last keyless install painless

Adam

eiriktveiten

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put the module in the drivers door and only had to tap into 12+, ground, and the two door lock/unlock wires all at the window/lock switches

AMS91

Reaction score
I put the module in the drivers door and only had to tap into 12+, ground, and the two door lock/unlock wires all at the window/lock switches
Do tap into both the window and lock switch or just the lock switch the (window swich has a separate group of wires)
, and do need a relay for each door or will one work both doors.

Last edited:

AMS91

Reaction score
I got the DEI 451m relay and hooked everything up as per the instructions that cam with the relay, but it only works they driver side door how do i get it to work the locks on both doors??