Vibrates and Shakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the most part it has been fixed.... the problem was my shocks... I think they were the factory Bilsteins with 177k on them. It would hit bumps then just keep bouncing.....

I replaced the rears with new HD Bilstiens and it rides a lot nicer... now I need to get to the fronts...

zer0Limitz

Reaction score
the reason why your truck shakes and vibrates so much is because you need new bushings. New bushings upper and lower bushings for the front control arms and bushings for the rear. my 97 yukon gt is doing the same thing. my truck vibrates and shakes so much. ive been told i need new bushing by a mechanic awhile back but i dont have 1700$ and its just gotten worse since then. i was going to do it myself and bought all the bushing but the front you have to lift the engine out slightly i guess. but put your truck on jack stands and then grab the front tire and grab the right and left sides, right where your fingers bend at your knuckles and then shake it right to left and up and down and if it has alot of play, then its your bushings.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^Nope that is wrong.

I finally 100% found the reason why I was getting vibration.

WHEELS

I bought those flat black Rebel Racing Wheels and they were crap. I had 2 sets of tires on them and had the same 'out of balance' feeling on both. Tires shops all said they were balanced. I had run a set of those wheels before on my old c10, so I bought another. But this set must have been junk.

With the wheels and tires you see in my sig, I had NO vibration and now that I have new tires (BFG all terrian's) It rides smooth as glass.

Moral of the thread - Do No Buy Cheap Chinese Crap Wheels, especially Rebel Racing Wheels.