Very little HVAC airflow - SOMETIMES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
High pressure switch on the compressor. Low pressure switch is on the accumulator.

Try to see what color the plastic is on the existing switch. The replacement may not be the same color, but will have a small chart or notes indicating which colors it replaces.

Richard

slovcan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
High pressure switch on the compressor. Low pressure switch is on the accumulator.

Try to see what color the plastic is on the existing switch. The replacement may not be the same color, but will have a small chart or notes indicating which colors it replaces.

Richard

Thanks Richard. I think the whole thing has gone pear shaped. I think there were two problems. One was the leak that saw 0.8 lb of refrigerant lost. The second was a bad low pressure switch - either on the compressor or the accumulator. Nothing was unplugged when the system was emptied. I drove 10-12 kms home. The next morning when I started the truck the belt started screeching. The clutch was engaged. I'm sure the compressor must be seized now. FOXTROT!