Weak airflow in top vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattyClutch

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently replaced My blower motor and resistor in my 97 c1500. It's something I needed to get around to since I got the truck. I have had weak airflow to my top vents before but after my blower motor went, I thought maybe that would help the issue. So now that both those parts are replaced, what could cause this weak airflow?

Thanks!!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I can only assume you inspected inside where the blower motor sets and made sure there was no blockage to the path of the blower air. If there was none, then it sounds like you have a blend door problem. Trucks of this age can have an actuator that is causing a problem or the blend door travel is impeded by something or a build up where the door pivots and is binding the door up. Kind of like a rusty hinge on a door. You may also have a problem with the control unit. Check at the back and make sure all the connections are attached.

Plus, welcome to your first post on the forum.