Vacuum leak at throttle body air intake- 1996 GMC Sierra c1500 4.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chriscg

Reaction score
hmm. I would be cautious gluing anything to the throttle body intake because more often then not I need to remove that to get to another part, although I would love to do that. Might have to think about that. For now I found out the old ring was preventing me from seating in the air duct because the old phatic one was falling apart so much. After that the problem was still there. I cleaned my throttle body and replaced my IAC and TPS sensors with ACdelco rather then cheap amazon ones (learned my lesson there) and it fixed my issues.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm. I would be cautious gluing anything to the throttle body intake because more often then not I need to remove that to get to another part, although I would love to do that. Might have to think about that. For now I found out the old ring was preventing me from seating in the air duct because the old phatic one was falling apart so much. After that the problem was still there. I cleaned my throttle body and replaced my IAC and TPS sensors with ACdelco rather then cheap amazon ones (learned my lesson there) and it fixed my issues.
You would only be gluing the O-ring(s) to the throttle body. You're not gluing the intake tract to the throttle body. Just wait until the glue is dried, and you can assemble and disassemble the intake assembly just as before.