Unusual Rear Tire Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Especially if it doesn't come in and out smoothly. Haven't pulled an axle on a 400 yet but done several older GM ones. Pull the C clip, pin and bolt, that bad boy should slide easily. Definitely replace the bearing too!
Yep it’s the same way. I had to run a piece of EMT a tubing through the other end and hammer it out with a BFH.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Competition I bet. Everybody making that mean look. I do like the 2020 yukon fronts though. I've always like big open grills. Brother has a Audi and I've liked there grills. However it does depend on the vehicle

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Competition I bet. Everybody making that mean look. I do like the 2020 yukon fronts though. I've always like big open grills. Brother has a Audi and I've liked there grills. However it does depend on the vehicle
I guess they’re trying to match the Dodge “catfish face” grille. I prefer the GMC trim and grille over Chevy with this generation.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same here. Btw when you had the accident did the rear panel crush against the tire?
No. The front end took the impact. My rear diff did catch on the concrete culvert and left my rear end suspended. I bent the frame, bent passenger side control arms, broke tie rods, busted the windshield, put a softball size dent in my oil pan, bent the fender, bumper, grille. In the rear I damaged my pinion seal.

You must be registered for see images attach

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There’s another shot of how the truck was supported by the rear end. Brake lines and collapsed and pulled on wet streets. Fishtailed into a ditch after putting a road sign through the windshield

You must be registered for see images attach