Turn Signal Clicker Going Haywire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I had to disconnect my amp this week temporarily to re-do some wiring. In that time, I realized that the clicker for my turn signal is going nuts!!! When I have my turn signal on, it works normally, but when I'm just driving, it will randomly click. Sometimes, I can't get it to stop. It's not consistent either, it will click really fast, and then once every 5 seconds or so.

For some reason, just barely touching the brake pedal seems to make it go away, until I get my foot off the pedal, then it will come back. Any ideas? I was thinking that there might be a shorted wire somewhere. Either that, or my turn signal switch is having issues. Either way, I'd like to get this taken care of, so if anyone has any ideas where to start, I'd like to hear them.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe a bad flasher relay? I was under the impression that the clicking noise was actually caused by that engaging/disengaging. I could be wrong though.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you checked the turn signal fluid? I would check the turn signal stalk or the flasher relay like mentioned above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you ever get this fixed mine is doing the same thing.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Believe it or not, it sounds like you might have a bulb or socket problem.

The brake light interaction suggests rear lights.

Check 'em. Quick, easy and no costs involved....