Trying to pull what I think is the fuel rail on a 96 Suburban 2500 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbdsr

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight on how to pull this part, I'm trying not to damage it because it's a 300 dollar replacement....I've removed all 5 of the screws as suggested on the repair website I'm using but even after removing the screws it's still solid and won't move....do I detach it from the silver clips on the side....I'm also finding the what I think are the injectors hard to move as well...youtube is no help on this one for some odd reason I can't find a lot of info on this part....any help would be appreciated

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The injectors are being held in their ports by o-rings that have probably gummed or seized up to the intake. Carefully pry each injector between the injector body and the intake with a flat screwdriver or the narrow style of door panel tool, and you'll get 'em out.

If you're replacing the injectors you'll need to remove those clips, which can be tricky to do without breaking the plastic nub they attach to. You have to carefully spread them a tiny bit and pry them off. I used a set of picks and small screwdrivers to do so. I still managed to break one but was able to use tiny zip-ties to salvage it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Be sure to replace the fuel pressure regulator and its vacuum line while you're in there; you can't do that job with the plenum re-installed and in your way. Don't forget to use vacuum line that is rated for fuel as the vapor it is exposed to will quickly rot non-rated line, and you'll find yourself pulling the plenum again to replace it. By the way the regulator has a snap ring holding it in.

Richard

sbdsr

Reaction score
Got it....thanks for the tips Richard....it's appreciated....now to see if I can finish this job in the A.M.