Trying Source 92-99 suburban (Clear)(solar controlled) Quarter and hatch glass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I’m getting ready to remove all the glass and fully respray my suburban.

At the current point and time along with the former neglect to the trim on the quarter glass , I’m wanting to redo all the glass with a clear glass a lot like the 2 doors had or the with the (greenish) (solar controlled) quarter glass that evidently I guess some of these came with in 92-99 ?
What’s scarier is that I also would need the drop tailgate hatch glass in the same option which I fear Isn’t available on the hatch type suburbans, are the Yukons and tahoes the same hatch glsss if they were made avail in the (Non) tint style ?
Was this an option For some reason ? I know I can get the 4 passenger and driver side windows inexpensive with out the privacy tint .

Anyone got an idea where I can get the type of glass with the said pic below which is not factory privacy tint it’s what they call “ solar controlled “ I assume .

Or a true clear glass ? Like the 2 door .
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s fine
What might my work around be for the same green for the hatch glass
What I did was I typed “1997 Suburban quarter glass clear” into Google and that link for Classic Industries was the first thing that appeared. There are also tons of eBay listings for glass. You’ll have to do some research, but they are out there either new or used.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not looking likely for the back glass through these guys

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What I did was I typed “1997 Suburban quarter glass clear” into Google and that link for Classic Industries was the first thing that appeared. There are also tons of eBay listings for glass. You’ll have to do some research, but they are out there either new or used.
Yea probably likely , I just like the classic see thru look especially if showcasing the interior condition.

It’s just strange they did this for the 2 doors all clear

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea probably likely , I just like the classic see thru look especially if showcasing the interior condition.

It’s just strange they did this for the 2 doors all clear
I do like the clear, but it’s not practical. I’ve driven my ‘92 without tint for nearly 14 years and I call it a greenhouse. Again - I do agree it looks nice though!

The 2 door glass is unobtanium. No one reproduces it. I’ve seen clear and OE tinted versions. Thats why I buy the glass whenever I see it.