Truckin's LED Retro's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
LOLOLOL

But yeah, I don't actually think he was trying to pee in your cheerios.....

Far from it. I wouldn't be suggesting an expensive one of a kind retrofit if I thought it was a dumb concept. It actually said he had autozone led strips and e hot glued them on. I like the effect. Just want a concealable way to get it.

kiing23

Reaction score
I'm a perfectionist, attention to detail is a must! If I can see the light source (actual LED diode) then it just looks cheesy.

I prefer the ambient light, the glow. The end result looks takes far more effort but is superior.

Headlight glow: I'd only do Amber or White.

Thank you for the compliment!

TA4S[/QUOTe
Can you make me a set? amber

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Truckin has so many ideas to sift through he needs a suggestion filter department. I'm assuming mobs is a starter in that line up

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Me and danny are friendly competitors, we started our businesses around the same time and usually pass projects back and forth if we're too busy or don't have the interest in doing something.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
And both of you do killer work, def looking forward to slinging hyper leds parts this cruising season

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
You have no idea how much I would pay for a projector retrofit, interested any one? :D

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
You have no idea how much I would pay for a projector retrofit, interested any one? :D

Maybe.....Acura projectors in my 98:

You must be registered for see images attach

I chose black, but chrome or different inside housings is just a matter of ordering different ones to work with.

Problem is; you're looking at around 100-150 for the housings, 100-150 for the projectors, 150-200 for low/mid end ballasts and capsules. Figure another 30-50 bucks for adhesives, filler, trim rings, etc, etc....

That's just for the parts.

Labor is about 8-10 hours depending on how fancy you want to get.

Once it's all over and done, It can get pretty expensive.

That's also just for straight projectors in the low beams.

Start adding things like high beam projectors or motorized hi/lo beams (referred to bi-xenon in some circles it's just motorized cut off shields but it adds cost and complexity plus I don't think there is enough room on a GMT400 to fit them) and the cost keeps headed skyward.....

Last edited:

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Maybe.....Acura projectors in my 98:

You must be registered for see images attach

I chose black, but chrome or different inside housings is just a matter of ordering different ones to work with.

Problem is; you're looking at around 100-150 for the housings, 100-150 for the projectors, 150-200 for low/mid end ballasts and capsules. Figure another 30-50 bucks for adhesives, filler, trim rings, etc, etc....

That's just for the parts.

Labor is about 8-10 hours depending on how fancy you want to get.

Once it's all over and done, It can get pretty expensive.

That's also just for straight projectors in the low beams.

Start adding things like high beam projectors or motorized hi/lo beams (referred to bi-xenon in some circles) and the cost keeps headed skyward.....

I know man I've been looking into it for a while, but I haven't had the guts to hack up my housings ha ha

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
It's not about having the guts to hack up the housings, it's the willpower involved with clearancing behind the housings, as the retrofit projectors that we've been doing have been pretty deep, as far as install depth. Alot of stuff would have to be cut behind the housings. I've asked my fab guy if he'd be interested in making some parts to do actual correct projectors in our composite headlamps(where the bezel is level with outer lens, instead of recessed to fit behind outer lens), and he quickly got the "fuuuuuuck" look on his face. I think it's mainly because he's working on doing ones for the W/T replacements.....he did mention he'd see about making lenses that are rectangular and the same size as the low beam reflector, so they wouldn't look out of place.