Truckin's LED Retro's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
It's not about having the guts to hack up the housings, it's the willpower involved with clearancing behind the housings, as the retrofit projectors that we've been doing have been pretty deep, as far as install depth. Alot of stuff would have to be cut behind the housings. I've asked my fab guy if he'd be interested in making some parts to do actual correct projectors in our composite headlamps(where the bezel is level with outer lens, instead of recessed to fit behind outer lens), and he quickly got the "fuuuuuuck" look on his face. I think it's mainly because he's working on doing ones for the W/T replacements.....he did mention he'd see about making lenses that are rectangular and the same size as the low beam reflector, so they wouldn't look out of place.

Sounds legit to me!

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill pay $1,258.41 for sum retrofitted projector headlights... No not really... I wouldnt mind cutting the firewall a bit, or even pulling 1 from the yard to hack up a bit... As long as I could get sum quality projector headlights that won't be rediculously priced... Thats basically wat it comes down to... I would do it nyself but again no guts...

Mobs poke ur fab guy with a stick till he does it...

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
It's not about having the guts to hack up the housings, it's the willpower involved with clearancing behind the housings, as the retrofit projectors that we've been doing have been pretty deep, as far as install depth. Alot of stuff would have to be cut behind the housings. I've asked my fab guy if he'd be interested in making some parts to do actual correct projectors in our composite headlamps(where the bezel is level with outer lens, instead of recessed to fit behind outer lens), and he quickly got the "fuuuuuuck" look on his face. I think it's mainly because he's working on doing ones for the W/T replacements.....he did mention he'd see about making lenses that are rectangular and the same size as the low beam reflector, so they wouldn't look out of place.

True.

I had to take a 4" hole saw to my rad panel.

Not a big deal really. All I had to do was make another hole that ran into the OEM hole. Also had to bore a hole int he OEM plastic adapter panel that the headlight buckets bolt through.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Ill pay $1,258.41 for sum retrofitted projector headlights... No not really... I wouldnt mind cutting the firewall a bit, or even pulling 1 from the yard to hack up a bit... As long as I could get sum quality projector headlights that won't be rediculously priced... Thats basically wat it comes down to... I would do it nyself but again no guts...

Mobs poke ur fab guy with a stick till he does it...

You'd be hard pressed to find someone to do the retrofit for less than 300-400 bucks and that's just for the housing/projector assembly. No ballasts or capsules.

I'm beginning to think I should have done a pictorial "how to" when I built mine. I'm a big fan of the TSX projectors for a GMT400. Razor sharp cut off, high quality housings and small enough to easily (relatively) fit in the space available.

With a little confidence in yourself, you could be out the door for around 200-250.....

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@ Great White...

A how to with heavy pix would have been great..! The retrofit source is a great place to get parts... But again damn expensive... But thats the price of quality parts... Ill check ur page or build thread for more pix...

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Oooh ooh ooh! Switchback led corners! White running lights and they flash amber with the turn signals instead of alternating. I know this could be done. Piggy backing into the bumper light harness would really be the only challenge. And you can buy weather pack terminals and tools from any hardware or automotive store

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
We're currently dealing with the molding of the sockets for the gmt800 drl conversion on these trucks.....and putting hids in there also. I'll go take a pic in a bit.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Although these are done on a W/T frontend, it's basically the same setup.

Cablguy184 has these on his '97 with 6000K HIDs in the inners. So when his Lows are on, he has that angled headlight look from afar at night.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach