Truck Starting Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had this problem today, turned out the connectors were just corroded.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I replaced the starter and cleaned all the connections etc. Slightly frustrating. I have to say though, since I had to smack the starter itself I imagine it was the problem... Although maybe it was just the solenoid not full engaging. Either way, so far so good.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
yeah, i thought my starter had a solenoid problem a few months ago..... turned out that the flywheel was on backwards, and the starter gear was only engaging half the teeth....

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats always something nice to find. when i put a starter on my 92 i couldnt find one that fit right. i ended up using a starter off a 80s silverado with a stick!

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
well, the issue began when my grandpa had a starting problem with it.. the transmission shop installed it wrong there, and when i rebuilt the tranny, i just installed the new one the exact same way, because i didnt know any different...

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i hate doing trans work. alot of parts can be put in wrong with out you even knowing a difference. like throwout bushings/ bearings. my friend put his in the wrong way and it was fine for about a month, but shortly after it started making all kinds of noise and causing problems.