Truck Rear A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87 GMC Burban

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has done or seen a 95-98 truck with the A/C headliner from a suburban and 2nd row floor A/C vents also from suburban ?
If you have done it could you please post some pictures.
Thanks.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has done or seen a 95-98 truck with the A/C headliner from a suburban and 2nd row floor A/C vents also from suburban ?
If you have done it could you please post some pictures.
Thanks.

They added the rear floor vents in trucks in 1997 or so. I have them in my 98, but I'm not really sure why they bothered putting them in. The only time air goes through them is when you select the floor vents, which doesn't really help when you're trying to cool down the cabin. Maybe for the heater there's a slight advantage but I'm not seeing it. Air flow through them is not very strong.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now if you could get the ceiling vents like the Tahoe and Suburbans, that'd be great to have. It looks like they put the evaporator coil, housing and blower on the passenger side of the cargo area.

87 GMC Burban

Reaction score
Yea the floor one arnt to powerful but something when its 100 out and the roof vents look like they would need to be a bit of custom plumbing and wiring even if it fits under the seat.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I have a 1995 Yukon that my mechanic added rear air to (since it wasn't an option on these until 1997). Here's some pics of the headliner. This is air only, no heater.