Truck of the year, winner for 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Congratulations young lady. Your crown awaits.

You must be registered for see images attach
Behold the Queen
The Queen of gmt400
On your knees dog
All hail

Bow down to the
Bow down to the Queen
Bow down to the
Bow down to the Queen

The Queen grinned red
As she walked from the place
Where the ford lost both his name and his face
Through the halls and the corridors
Stinging in automotive fluids
She tasted her grin and it tasted good
The Queen took its engine
Left the blue oval broken and dead

Bow down to the
Bow down to the Queen
Bow down to the
Bow down to the Queen
Bow down to the
Bow down to the Queen

The Queen left none living
None able to tell
The Queen took their engines
And she sent them to hell
Their screams echoed loud
In the place of their death
Ripped open they died
With their final breath
They hailed the
The Queen of gmt400

Bow down to the
Bow down to the Queen
Bow down to the
Bow down to the Queen
Bow down to the
Bow down to the Queen

Into the dirt
Her will be done
Now feel your fear
There can be only one

Bow down
Bow down
Bow down
Bow down
Bow down to the
Bow down
Bow down to the Queen
Bow down
Bow down
Bow down
Bow down

The Queen is here
Now feel your fear
The Queen of gmt400

All hail
All hail the Queen
On your knees
On your knees for the Queen

The Queen of gmt400

There is only one

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks again to all of y'all!
I still haven't figured out how "my old stock work truck" won either contest, but I'll accept the wins. There was definitely lots of way nicer trucks in the running, all excellent examples of their owners' talent and personality, and I'm honored to have won, and even gotten the votes. Someday my boys will be near as nice....
I guess that big gold crew cab, and its pewter Burb brother, are representative of the spirit of this forum and its members. We love our trucks, fix them up to our tastes and abilities (or sometimes get someone more knowledgeable to) and sometimes they frustrate the he!! out of us, but we still keep them, and keep them going, until we can't. And then we get another one....

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
if some one came up to me and said you can have a brand new 3500 crew cab and suburban or gmt400 ones in the same shape yours are in right now I would take old ones every time

now first job for the HWB fan club get her suburban nominated for a totm this year and hopefully win
second job get her suburban nominated for toty and win
third get t shirts printed that say #team HWB with pictures of her crew cab and suburban on them

I do not mean to sound like the guy that ask who you are and why do you like every thing but if you do not mind answering it I would like to know how/why you got and or picked the name HotWheelsBurban I know you love hotwheels cars and you have had your fair share of suburbans but is there more to it?

ps I read your posts in weather today and what did you do to your gmt400 today stay warm it sounds real nasty over there also I have zero regrets voting for you

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
if some one came up to me and you can have a brand new 3500 crew cab and suburban or gmt400 ones in the same shape yours are in right now I would take old ones every time

now first job for the HWB fan club get her suburban nominated for a totm this year and hopefully win
second job get her suburban nominated for toty and win
third get t shirts printed that say #team HWB with pictures of her crew cab and suburban on them

I do not mean to sound like the guy that ask who you are and why do you like every thing but if you do not mind answering it I would like to know how/why you got and or picked the name HotWheelsBurban I know you love htwheels cars and you have had your fair share of suburbans but is there more to it?

ps I read your posts in weather today and what did you do to your gmt400 today say warm it sounds rear nasty over there also I have zero regrets voting for you
I've collected Hot Wheels and Matchbox(and other brands too) toy cars and trucks for most of my life. I've been a reseller since the mid 90s, started out with selling duplicates from my collection and it kinda mushroomed from there.
So when I was looking at joining the forum, I was trying to come up with a good username. I think it has a nice rhythm to it, more than "Hot Wheels Suburban" does. The Burb is locally famous at the toy shows around here, and Rawhide has too. Most of the guys drive a newer vehicle, and 90% are just a basic DD or a newer, no personality pickup.
And of course most of y'all know this, but for the benefit of the new members, I have to point out that I would not even have Rawhide without this community, and probably wouldn't have been able to keep Burb going either. I'd be one of those poor people rolling around in some econobox (better gas mileage, sure, but not as easy to fix).
Life is too short and unpredictable to spend it in something you don't enjoy; as much time as we who live in the super car centric greater Houston area, best make the best of it.