Tried to reloom my engine harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm building a 92 ecsb k1500. I have my motorotator and tranny in. I left the truck outside with the front clip stripped off (fenders, hood, etc.). All of the wire loom became real brittle. Being the genius that I am I decided to reloom the engine harness. Just a heads up, it's a complete PITA,at least at my level of mechanical ability. I'm a body man (literally) not a mechanic.

I have almost all of the wires reconnected. I can't figure out the starter wires though. There is the hot cable from the battery and it looks like I have a purple wire ran parallel to the knock sensor wire. The hot wire from the battery only fits one place. Is the purple wire the ignition wire? What goes on the other terminal?

Also, I am deleting all of the egr crap on to of the intake. I have a wire running forward to a/c compressor. I'm not sure it's purpose in life. I have been searching the Web for the past 4 hours trying to figure it out. Does anyone know what this wire is for? I've posted a picture below.

As for the emissions connectors shouldn't I be able to just cut the wires back and remove them remove the connectors so that I don't have loose connectors and to help clean things up a bit?

You must be registered for see images attach

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same wire just laying in the engine bay. Watching to see if someone says what it is.

I think it may be for a second coolant temp sensor/sending unit that goes in the water pump. My new water pump has a threaded plug in it and this wire reaches it perfectly.

Kikkinasphalt

Reaction score
I think it may be for a second coolant temp sensor/sending unit that goes in the water pump. My new water pump has a threaded plug in it and this wire reaches it perfectly.
The bung in the pump is for a hose nipple on some applications.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bung in the pump is for a hose nipple on some applications.

Oh yeah. I remember seeing that now that you say that. I work at a shop. I've ever been looking at all of the obs that I can to try to figure it out