Tried Bleeding ABS, ran into an issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greyguild

Reaction score
Hi guys, after by rear brake line broke, I lost all the brake fluid... So after the fix I tried to bleed all the calipers with no success... I was told to bleed the ABS pump using a scan tool. I got a scan tool (It will useful later anyways) and done all the settings, went to the autobleed tool and nothing, no sound from the abs pump, nothing. Sometimes I get a message telling me it worked but most the time it failed... After checking a few videos I know it should make noises... Any ideas why it doesn't work???

I have a 2006 Silverado 1500, extended cab

And I just noticed that I am posting maybe on the wrong Forum... Sorry

spitanddirt

Reaction score
What do you mean by no success bleeding each caliper? That is definitely the first issue.

I assume you are holding the pedal while the ABS is bleeding itself? Can you hear the electronic motor run?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after by rear brake line broke, I lost all the brake fluid...
Nope. You might have lost "all" the fluid in one of the two master cylinder reservoirs, but not the fluid in the other.

Something else is wrong.

So after the fix I tried to bleed all the calipers with no success...
HOW are you bleeding at the calipers? Vacuum? Pressure? Gravity? Speed-Bleeders and pumping the pedal? Pumping the pedal without Speed-Bleeders? Something else?