Trans Temp Gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm running the Derale trans pan witch has both a drain and a bung for the sensor plus cooling tubes.

I wanted the TCI one but $$$$

How do you like it? Did you notice a temperature difference? I bought a DeRale one but havent had time to put it in yet. When I do, I will be installing 2nd/4th servos and the TCC valve....I have everything, just no time!

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
honestly cant say yet. I am still working on the suburban so I dont know if it has a colling effect. But the build quality of it was great and it fit great.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
This is a topic that has several different answers. I personlly install them in-line with exit line, as close to the trans as possible(the line that goes from the trans to the cooler). This give me a acurate reading of fluid tempature thats in the transmission before it cools. Its your fluid you wanna watch the temp on, not the transmission its self. Like i said, alot of people have different opinions on this and im sure someone wil disagree with me, but to each his own. I have not actually ever heard of useing the test port. Thats a little high up on the trans to get a proper fluid reading i would think.

i have the 4l80e so it has a drain plug, i used a adapter to put the sender in the drain plug hole,only gets to 120* normally and gets maybe 180* when towing.

i have heard stories of senders getting blown out of the test port from the pressure too high and should not be used for the sender

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
summit or good parts stores have drain plug kits and such to put in your stock pan, just drill a hole and install insert with nuts on both sides, works great and cheap, like 8 bucks.