tranny cooler line at radiator thread size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone know the thread size on the 2 hard lines for the tranny cooler feed/return lines at the radiator? all i've seemed to be able to pull up is 1/4"... is that npt? or even the right size? truck is a 1990 with 7004R AT

Last edited:

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am actually wondering this myself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am actually wondering this myself

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

i went to the junk yard and clipped them from a truck with the same size lines (by eyeball) and brought them to pepboys to get adapters since i'm going from that size at the radiator, to the "quick connect" fitting size on my new 4l60e cooler hoses. i was able to determine that the thread size is 1/2" x 20... Now, out of the 15 or so 88-98 trucks they had (including all variations...4x4, 2wd, suburban, tahoe, etc.), only one had the same size cooler line. all the other ones were bigger. my truck is a 1990 2wd with the 350 tbi/700r4 AT. my radiator does not have the engine oil cooler lines, only the tranny cooler lines. the truck i yanked the fittings from had the same style dash, so i am assuming that its about the same year. i didnt check any stickers or anything else to determine the year. i hope this helps you out.