Trail rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn summit racing ships things fast. Already received the suspension stuff, flares, and longtubes. ordered on the 8th and delivered early on the 10th

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I am 99% sure I am going with 35s on the truck for now being that the tire wont cost me anything extra straight trade for my 33s. Thinking about ordering some gears though just for ***** and giggles gonna do 4.88s.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like where this is heading, any updates?

not really the old girl is on the road right now while my 08 is parked. Once I get the 08 back on the road the 94 will go in for the, Rcx lift, carpet, mirrors, headers, the rest of the body work , and some paint. After that I am not sure. I am coming home from Iraq sooner than I had planned so my budget is less that what it was for the truck. might have to keep it like that for a while. I will update once I get that crap done. It should be within the next 2 weeks though.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As of now the 6 in lift is on and cranked WAY down. the keys are turned down less than stock. Everything is nice and flat under the truck with near perfect angles. The truck does not look to bad with the 6+3 lift and 33s but that ol girl sure would love some bigger meats. The dura tracs that I have on the truck look awesome and do damn good in the mud and crude. I also have the exhaust completely redone with hedman longtubes into some Flowmaster single chambers true duals not balance pipe at all. I was running dumps but that was way to loud in the truck, it sound ******* awesome though. Ended up have a shop run pipe all the way to the rear of the truck, sounds like crap now cackling alot past 2500rpm. Also got the new mirrors installed and I cheaped out and spray bombed the truck with a flat/satin black paint. I figured the paint was crappy already and that the spray can hurt it and it is a trail truck. It looks decent and is very easy to touch up. I am being lazy as hell though on the carpet install, I just don't want to pull the seats out. All in all the truck rides really good the way it is set up, it eats mud like crazy and slings it even better. She runs pretty good although I would say that the 3.73 are the limit for these heavy ass 33s. I am now thinking that I want to go 5.13s instead of the 4.88s I was planning on. With a eaton electronic locker for the rear and a limited slip for the front. and some 37s. I will post pics once I get some and once I am outta the damn hospital with my wife having a kid

Mudd Duk

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good choice on going with the Moog replacement parts. Since I went with all Moog replacements up front, I haven't worn anything out. They're pretty beefy stuff. As for the gears, 4.88's or 5.13's will be great for a 37. I'd say don't fear the gear and run the 5.13's w/ those 37's. As for lockers, the rear is open for alot of choices, the front, no one makes a locker for the 8.25 gm ifs. Sorry, but thats just how it is. No type of posi trac., locker, or spool. The truck is looking great, keep up the good work.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh man progress has hit a bit of a bump in the road. I did manage a 1250 mile road trip in the truck from KS to NY. She runs even better now which surprised me, must have blown out the cob webs. Currently the truck is sitting on Bfg ATs 35x12.50x15 and I have some cut out fender flares in the mail. I am about to go on leave for a few weeks, I plan on sanding down the truck and putting it in primer the spray bomb look is not working for me. I am going to try my hand at painting it myself. I am currently looking for a good Shop in the upstate NY area to install some 5.13 for me. I am still debating over 37s or maybe bigger. I would not mind some 39.5 Iroks. The carpet is now a no go, going to use bed liner for the interior floor pans.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 98 chevy all stock with 33's and its my daily driver and its got me everywhere i needed to go off road never had trouble gettin anywhere so i think that'd be great