Trail rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i agree with you there! who cares what people think it will last. did you end up going with those bulletproof tie rods by chance?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get your rear wheel wells fixed before you paint, and I wouldn't go with a flat black :imo:, go with a satin black, it has a little bit more shine than the flat but it is well worth it.

You must be registered for see images

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like the flat color if you put clear coat over it...on some trucks, i think it would look good. but def fix the body and im pretty sure you mentioned in another post that it was in the prosses of being done.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GREG the flat black I had in my mind I guess is actually satin that is the look I am going for. As for the wheel wells they are being fixed also, those pics are 2 weeks old would be a bit of a waste to repair all the other rust and not the rear.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh, well if you do decide to get them let me know what you think of them. i may get them myself.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh, well if you do decide to get them let me know what you think of them. i may get them myself.

I ended up going with some moog tie rods the price is what did it for me. Those other tie rods look badass though beefy as hell.

As for the truck I just ordered moog, upper and lower ball joints, inner and outter tie rod ends. Some heddman longtube headers being that the passenger side manifold is cracked. Also picked up some pacer fender flares. for 80 bucks I figured what the hell it will save the new paint from getting messed up. The truck is already going to look goofy with 9 inches of lift on 33s so what difference will some fender flares make. Hoping my buddy can get all this stuff put on in the next few weeks in between other projects.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
damn, you gotta post some pics of that thing when its done! are those headers stainless? im getting ready for tie rods also. its either gona be moog or bulletproof.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nope I went cheap I got the painted steel headers. I don't really want to spend much money on performance on this trucks stock motor and tranny. If I decide to keep the truck I will end up doing a lsx swap