Traded my cap for...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
I was trolling craigslist for a tonneau for my stepside and I was debating buying a soft cover, since i have always liked having a soft tonneau and a cap, one for summer and one for winter... BUT I wanted to put my Razorback on the truck again, and, I found a local guy with a hard tonneau, and he was willing to look at my cap for a possible trade. I had a hard tonneau on a sonoma I had years ago and I didn't like it because that was my only truck and I hated taking it off when I needed to haul my quad or something, however, now I have an avalanche as well, and those covers come off easily, and I have a 16foot trailer... soo, I figured a hard tonneau may be better... and I can lock it and store my tools in the bed without them being ripped off.

so I looked at the cover in the rain friday, looked good, guy had all the brackets and bolts, and the lift struts were even good! Its painted in bedliner, which is fine for me, as I want to paint my bed rails in that anyway...

So I met him saturday afternoon, and we traded - turns out he's a carpenter, and likes the thought of a cap in the winter for all his gear. He had a nice clean 97 stepside extended cab in black - really clean truck

this was it with the cap, which I like:
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is my truck with the new cover :

I need to re adjust where it sits on the truck, but I like it, and even my wife likes it more than cap- I liked the cap, but I think this is better, and I can put my razorback back on, and maybe mount some LED lights on it :)

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
99% of the time I think caps look like **** on trucks, but I think the one you had looked good! Overall I do prefer none, but I don't think i've seen one that was body color matched with those little extra windows in the front.

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score
I painted my cap with rustoleum! Believe it or not, I found an identical cap to mine, different color, for $80 locally, if I really wanted another one :)

GT_80

Always Tinkerin'
Reaction score

and with the racerback back on