tow mirror lock position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skychair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I just installed the 2015 tow mirrors, and could not get a decent adjustment position from the drivers mirror.
The problem is the driver mirror sets further away from the window glass than the riders does, see attachments.

My question is can the normal viewing lock position be changed?
Any help appreciated, Ron

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm dealing with the same issue; and as far as I've experimented, there's either locked in the full fold out position, or it's folded up against the door.
There could be a way to split the mirrors apart and get them down to the pivoting bases and possibly add some sort of bracing or tighten up the pivot on them so you could get a full range of adjustment without the mirror going in all the way to the door.

skychair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm dealing with the same issue; and as far as I've experimented, there's either locked in the full fold out position, or it's folded up against the door.
There could be a way to split the mirrors apart and get them down to the pivoting bases and possibly add some sort of bracing or tighten up the pivot on them so you could get a full range of adjustment without the mirror going in all the way to the door.

I took apart the old mirrors I removed, been on many years.
Mirrors pivot and are locked by a lug that is welded, and snaps into a receiving slot under spring pressure.
No way I see to adjust or change. mine are from yiatmotors thru Amazon.
No email or phone response. I'm passed the return date.
Bet you didnt know they rusted this badly, see pictures
Thanks for looking, If anyone has a solution I'd love to hear it.
Ron

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The new style mirrors like that are supposed to lock into different positions on either side, it has to do with the fact that the driver is not centered in the truck. I thought mine were defective too but this is actually intentional.

skychair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new style mirrors like that are supposed to lock into different positions on either side, it has to do with the fact that the driver is not centered in the truck. I thought mine were defective too but this is actually intentional.

I see your point and it does make sense, i guess, assuming that the drivers mirror is positioned (locked) correctly, the mechanical adjustment runs out before you can see a vehicle directly behind you. You aint never going to see the back of your vehicle unless you lean way over.

Which raises another question, if the mirror can not be locked as needed, can the adjustment mechanism under the mirror be adjusted accordingly?
Is there a 'stop' that could altered or removed?
Ron