Torsion keys and lift blocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you think a torsion key and block job is gonna be a simple 4 hour job?

think again, torsion keys seizze up on the bars and become a real paint to get off.

body bolts most times the heads is gonna snap off due to rust thinning the bolt before you spin the cage nut. I broke the bolts in my bed, or somebody else did before the cage nuts came loose.
If you we're referring to me saying 3 1/2 hours that was for a body lift not swapping out keys i've done them for people i know they are a ***** to get out i always figure half a day or more to do those

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no I was reffering to him saying he wanted to keep it a simple and not 8 hr job by doing the torsion keys and blocks over doing a body lift. whihich according to him would take a long time to do over doing keys.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
kinda worried about taking the bolts out the body and spinning a cage nut thats why i thought about going this way ( truck is from MI and has a little rust ) should this concern me ? dont want to turn a simple 4 hour job ints a partial restoration

last part of this is what I was going by.

92yukon

Reaction score
Ok so here's another question, if aftermarket torsion keys don't work for lifting our trucks what other options is there for lifting the front other than lift blocks ? What would I get for the front end lift if I decided to go with a rough country or similar suspension kit ?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when you buy a kit it comes with front diff. drop brackets and such to lower everything, the 4-6 inch kits, NOT SMALLER ONES!!!!!

what you do is crank the stock keys, that gives you lift. if the bars aint sagging and you haven't already cranked them or somebody else hasn't, you can get 1-3 inches out of it. The more you get the worse the angles, and faster wear.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you do crank to level, about 1-2" wear won't be much faster than stock. I ran like that for a while.