Torsion keys and lift blocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92yukon

Reaction score
Installed new tires last year they were either 33's or 35's mud terrains can't remember off the top of my head. Anyway they rubbed a little in turns and the truck needs to come up a bit, I'm thinking a 3" kit will be just fine she's going to be my daily driver as soon as I change the motor and doubt if it will see any off road action. So my question is are the torsion keys and rear lift blocks sutible for my intentions ? Seen 3" kits on eBay for about 150 bucks, any pros and cons to them ? Trying to lift my truck for as cheap as possible. Thanks

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
if you're only looking to clear alittle like 3" a body lift is the way to go. the torsion keys and blocks will not drop the front diff and you'll get into poor cv angles and pinion angles. you can still crank a little but make sure to keep the cv angles below 20*.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
keys do NOTHING!!!!!!!!

the stock keys will crank to the stops, if not the bars are worn and NO key fixes that, you have to change bars in that case.

Crank the stock keys, block the rear, or do a body lift.

92yukon

Reaction score
kinda worried about taking the bolts out the body and spinning a cage nut thats why i thought about going this way ( truck is from MI and has a little rust ) should this concern me ? dont want to turn a simple 4 hour job ints a partial restoration

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
the body lift is your best option here. if you open something up and it looks like ****, then you NEED to change it anyway.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just did a body lift on a friend of mines truck 95 ecsb 1500 been in mass all its life where they salt the **** out of the roads every winter and his came apart fine you crack them loose with a breaker bar or use an impact gun if ya have one 3 1/2 hours by myself to install it

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another vote for the bodylift. Crank is just too hard on front end components for daily driving and rough ride. Tho if you go with crank and blocks, like said dont buy keys since the stock ones will crank to the bumpstops.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

If this is the stance you are going for I say to crank it level and put a 2" body lift on, these truck show so much frame as it is already. Those tires are 285/75R16BFG A/Ts, supposed to be 33s but measure to about 32.25-32.5 in the the truck

If you cranks alot you get angles like these, it rode like a brick maybe a little worse. I am cranked level with 2" blocks with stock keys.
You must be registered for see images

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you think a torsion key and block job is gonna be a simple 4 hour job?

think again, torsion keys seizze up on the bars and become a real paint to get off.

body bolts most times the heads is gonna snap off due to rust thinning the bolt before you spin the cage nut. I broke the bolts in my bed, or somebody else did before the cage nuts came loose.