Torsion bars wont level out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikey1994

Reaction score
I have a 6" rcx lift with 35's i installed new control arms and turned my torsion bars up to get the front end height that i want. The drivers side sits an inch higher than the passanger side and passenger key is turned up all the way. I think that i have a worn out torsion bar but am not sure. What could be some possible factors besides a bad torsion bar?

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
None of the torsion bar vehicles I’ve owned, could I get level side to side by the amount of bolt turns. When adjusting ride hight; I have had to crank some, measure, and adjust one or the other.
My 1500 is pretty far off about a quarter to half inch of difference in bolt protrusion. 3500 is pretty close.
Note: when adjusting one side up or down, it will affect the other side.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
This. When I got my '89 K1500 it was ultra goofy and I began making adjustments. Took me like 1 to 2 weeks to get it to a point I was satisfied with but the keys(bolts) were definitely not equal, the passenger side is pretty much all the way out whereas the driver's side is approx. halfway in. Not sure what the deal is there. I rotated my tires last weekend and now the passenger side is about a half inch higher than the driver's side. Been playing with it some more but I'm worried about turning that key out any more. Is there a stop to prevent things from springin' & sprongin' everywhere? I don't want to raise the driver's side any more but might have to...