torsion bars question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 88 the torsion bars are olive green, there arent any stickers left but I did sand a spot and there is NOT black paint under the green. What the hell is the deal with them, I tried to decrank fully and the truck only sits about 2" lower in the front(stock rake) with the ajuster out fully so I'm thinking either the bars are holding it up or the truck has leveling keys.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I tried to research, and nothing :shrug: green torsion bars... thats so strange. can i see some pics? :hmm:

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried to research, and nothing :shrug: green torsion bars... thats so strange. can i see some pics? :hmm:

I tried google also and just came up with 60/70s Mopar stuff, I will get some pics later today

if they turned green, they might of gone bad...

they talk about green keys here
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...keys-torsion-bar-cranking-replacing-tech.html

I know what green keys are, the torision bar is green the keys are rusty.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

pics, kind of blurry but you can see the color

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure, ask that guy on the other forum, he seemed to have a lot of info on it, thought it would help

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok ill try that. FSC is the only place I'm on that I'm on I haven't tried yet.