Toolbox removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

graves96z71

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the toolbox under the seat in an ext. cab? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The stud that the jack slips over has to be removed. You'll see it has a very small hex head at the top. However it's also screwed into the cab floor with thread locker so sometimes they're a real SOB to remove; some come right out and others I've had to lock vise grips onto the stud and turn it out. If I recall there's another regular bolt or a couple small screws, can't remember for sure but those are easy if present - it's the stud that sucks.

Richard

Logant12

Reaction score
I've took 2 of those out to Mount my sub boxes under and I just rip the plastic part into pieces, and I take one of those air grinders with a like 5ish" cutting blade and cut the stud off at the base. But always put towels down so you don't burn the carpet

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
That's seems like overkill when you can just turn it out with vice grips imo

Logant12

Reaction score
My cab was sorta rusty in the particular spot at the time and trying to twist it pretty much made my cab bent right there, so when it came to me doing it a second time I didn't mess around plus it takes a good 5 minutes

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Ah I gotcha. Texas trucks don't deal with that so that makes sense haha