Too Loud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I'll never understand putting in a Y pipe, only to split it back into duals... but as the others have said, taking it out the back does wonders. I'm catless with a pair of thrushes on long tubes and it is pretty quiet inside the truck. I'd imagine outside not so much, based on the echos I hear when i stomp on it.

Its more for cost actually, I only need 1 cat and one cut out, and 2 y-s are the same cost as an x-pipe setup. so i save like 120$
and I already have the di/do muffler. plus duals looks way cooler than just 1 pipe.

You should talk to tempted, he can fill you in on the y-pipe issue. Just remember to agree with everything he says.... :rofl:

:hmm: :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
So I got everything all bolted and welded up, so far this is the happiest i've been with an exhaust setup. its still too damn loud thoguh,

I crossed over right after the headers then right into a y-pipe, went about a foot and put the cutout in (a foot for clearance issues) then right to the cat (which is rather close to the floor of the cab) then y to the muffler, I ran it out the side infront (like right infront) of the pass tire.

so i think my only solution is to add the full tailpipes and hope for something quieter, If not i'll add resonators wherever i can fit after the muffler.

Also, as far as exhaust hangars, what does everyone use and how many. I currently an using a single factory one and its not enough.