Tierods which ones to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what they say, "the best way to outdo the competitors, is to OWN the competitors!"

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
If you read the article and the comments it points out what others have said here. Moog quality seems to have slipped over the past 3-4 years.

The other interesting point that I think is often missed is that sheer size is not the only issue. A part simply being larger isn't the only indication of quality. Metallurgy (correct hardness in particular) plays a role.

I'm not advocating one way or the other. I've used Moog for suspension parts in past years and have had good success.
Maybe that has changed.

I can say that Spicer U Joints appears to be superior to what Moog now makes (at twice the cost).

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I can say that Spicer U Joints appears to be superior to what Moog now makes (at twice the cost).

A few years ago all of a sudden we got Moog u-joints, and unit bearing hubs, and maybe other stuff..... I think it's all Chinese made. I'm not sure if Federal Mogul (now part of Tenneco) bought another company, or are simply trying to increase market reach of the Moog name, but these parts are obviously outside of the Moog heritage/expertise of making suspension and steering parts. It's like for awhile we had Raybestos Chassis part..... chassis parts from a BRAKE company. Now we also have brake pads from Monroe, a shock company.

On the other hand, Spicer is DANA's line of u-joints.... that they actually make and have for years and years.

This other stuff is like buying AC Delco jack stands.... it's just marketing based on brand recognition, and in my opinion dilutes the brand.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you read the article and the comments it points out what others have said here. Moog quality seems to have slipped over the past 3-4 years.

The other interesting point that I think is often missed is that sheer size is not the only issue. A part simply being larger isn't the only indication of quality. Metallurgy (correct hardness in particular) plays a role.

I'm not advocating one way or the other. I've used Moog for suspension parts in past years and have had good success.
Maybe that has changed.

They are comparing Mevotech Supreme to Moog. Not the Mevotech TTX line to Moog. For sure Moog gets the nod over the Mevotech Supreme!