throttle temp sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i can not for the life of me find a part number for the L31 throttle body temp sensor, all im looking for is the temperature range its rated for, dont need to order one.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There isn't a temp sensor on a L31 throttle body as far as I'm aware.
Two coolant temp sensors on the block/head and one for (induction) air temp (near the MAF sensor I think). All that's on the throttle body is the TPS and IAC valve.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There isn't a temp sensor on a L31 throttle body as far as I'm aware.
Two coolant temp sensors on the block/head and one for (induction) air temp (near the MAF sensor I think). All that's on the throttle body is the TPS and IAC valve.
That would explain that, still learning what all the parts are in the engine area. Its a learn as i go tear down. Its a moo point now anyway, i was trying to make sure solder wouldnt melt on the throttle blade after removing the diffuser plate, only had 63/37 and couldnt get it to bond so i just went with screws and nuts

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
You went the rout of drilling out the rivets and removing the whole diffuser? You could also get another one and just grind away the half moon and leave the riveted slice in there if you think the nuts and bolts are counter productive (or are worried about them coming loose at WOT :doublepuke:)

Or best option, TIG those holes shut.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You went the rout of drilling out the rivets and removing the whole diffuser? You could also get another one and just grind away the half moon and leave the riveted slice in there if you think the nuts and bolts are counter productive (or are worried about them coming loose at WOT :doublepuke:)

Or best option, TIG those holes shut.
at first i tried just regular blind rivets, but it looked trashy. i think the screws and nuts will hold just fine. i am still tempted to get some new flat rivets that have to be hammered in

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just curious, where did you get the idea for a ' throttle body temp sensor ', and what information would it give?
Rather than a hammer, locate someone with a " rivet squeeze " and avoid any impact induced damage.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, where did you get the idea for a ' throttle body temp sensor ', and what information would it give?
Rather than a hammer, locate someone with a " rivet squeeze " and avoid any impact induced damage.
Thinking back now, i really dont know how i came to think that