Throttle Body Spacer: Smooth vs Swirl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just get the smooth bore one.
They come with longer bolts, and fuel line sxtensions are nice if you dont want to loosen the bracket on the bellhousing.
Might as well smooth all the ridges down on the TB while you have it off, relplace all the gaskets and injector filters and through a quarter in the FPR.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Well the wide open spacer sounds like it has the most advantages, but according to summit it's mainly used for applications which frequently experience wide open throttle. It's not very often that my truck is WOT, would I still have any benefit in the lower RPMs with the wide open spacer?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
93SierraWT if it's any consolation, I got the smooth bore and my truck is one that hasn't been at WOT since 05' or so and I still noticed a great difference in acceleration in general. When I accelerate I never WOT but I still give about 1/3 or more throttle so it will downshift, get up and go, and it's still very noticeable. It's mainly made for top end acceleration you wouldn't notice a difference down low really I don't think. I would have to suggest getting the powercharger ($40) and injector spacer ($15) along with it.. All of it can be bought @ summit of course.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Well I was already planning on getting the injector riser, but the powercharger won't fit on the 4.3.

Did you have to get the fuel line extensions?

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How will it not fit? the TB are physically the same size

and really any spacer will be fine, but the smooth bore will be best, the differences you would feel are so small its negligable from one to the other style.

nate

Reaction score
Just get the smooth bore one.
They come with longer bolts, and fuel line sxtensions are nice if you dont want to loosen the bracket on the bellhousing.
Might as well smooth all the ridges down on the TB while you have it off, relplace all the gaskets and injector filters and through a quarter in the FPR.

I've heard about this before. So do I understand it right, it will increase fuel pressure? Where do you put the quarter and do you have to worry about copper/other metal issue where it's in the fuel? I don't know, would the fuel react w/ the quarter?

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I've heard about this before. So do I understand it right, it will increase fuel pressure? Where do you put the quarter and do you have to worry about copper/other metal issue where it's in the fuel? I don't know, would the fuel react w/ the quarter?

I'd also like to know more about this, I've never heard of it before.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you take the top inj. pod off you will see where the FPR is bolted down with 4 tiny torx bolts, when you take it apart you willl feel the pressure pushing it off from the spring in there, so if you put a quarter under the spring to compress it more it will up the fuel PSI, no fuel actually goes through there so the fuel will not come in contact with the quarter.

nate

Reaction score
When you take the top inj. pod off you will see where the FPR is bolted down with 4 tiny torx bolts, when you take it apart you willl feel the pressure pushing it off from the spring in there, so if you put a quarter under the spring to compress it more it will up the fuel PSI, no fuel actually goes through there so the fuel will not come in contact with the quarter.

O.K. sounds simple enough. I learning still, so I have a few more questions. I've heard the 350 TBI run just a little lean, does upping the pressure remedy that? What does increasing the pressure do to MPG? I assume the computer will re-learn running the engine w/ the increase fuel pressure?

Thanks for your help/input.