thought i would share. what have you guys done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My apologies ... You do have it under your seats ... Very nice work too ...
I've seen them in the back most of the times, but not under the seats ... How do you like it ??

I built the same box for my '97, courtesy of gmcyukondriver's measuerments that he posted a while back.
Fitted with a slim-line sub. I've wired a 400w amp to it. Under the passenger side of a bench seat. While it's not even comparable to the stereo in my other truck, it sure does to help fill in the bottom end. Lots of deadening in the truck made it sound even better. Definately not competition worthy, though. My dog hates it, cause he's the one sitting above it.
It's wierd though. The truck with the auto, air, cruise, buckets, etc., keeps getting the tunes turned up louder, the longer I drive. The other truck, with no 'toys', & a stick, keeps getting the music turned down.
I'm an 'Alpine' guy. Both trucks. Head units, & amps.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cablguy184 very nice setup im jealous of your kenwood double din i love kenwood decks thats all i have every owned. always have to get a new one to keep on the teleology of them.

BRIAN nice work also i like that box you made very clean and my grill still fits on the door just toke it off to show what was there my buddy has the same deck as you do to, very nice decks also.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my old set up, dc audio lvl 4 12 in a center console, was being powered by a rf t1000.1bd,rf t3002 pushing a set of morel dotec 6.5" components.
i have plans to rebuild the console,need a new sub amp,i have a dc audio 120.4 for mids and highs.i have an odysse pc 1500 under the hood,some pos 220 amp alt,
big 3 done with 1/0 knu wire.
might keep the 12,but i would like to do 4 dc audio lvl 2 8's in a console on a dc 2k.

You must be registered for see images attach

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
My apologies ... You do have it under your seats ... Very nice work too ...
I've seen them in the back most of the times, but not under the seats ... How do you like it ??

I like it a lot, probably the best thing I've bought off CL, besides the hood. I got a good deal on that sub. I listen to rock, so it really helps with the bass guitar, and a lot of the drum hits, especially with double bass. It does vibrate the passenger's seat quite a bit, but not too bad. I didn't want it in plain view, my city is really bad for car break ins and thefts.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my old set up, dc audio lvl 4 12 in a center console, was being powered by a rf t1000.1bd,rf t3002 pushing a set of morel dotec 6.5" components.
i have plans to rebuild the console,need a new sub amp,i have a dc audio 120.4 for mids and highs.i have an odysse pc 1500 under the hood,some pos 220 amp alt,
might keep the 12,but i would like to do 4 dc audio lvl 2 8's in a console on a dc 2k.
QUOTE]
WOW ... Awesome setup Sir !!!

I like it a lot, probably the best thing I've bought off CL, besides the hood. I got a good deal on that sub. I listen to rock, so it really helps with the bass guitar, and a lot of the drum hits, especially with double bass. It does vibrate the passenger's seat quite a bit, but not too bad. I didn't want it in plain view, my city is really bad for car break ins and thefts.
Thank you for the review Sir ...

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
QUOTE]
WOW ... Awesome setup Sir !!!
thank you, i've been trying to keep up with your build on smd.thats a really clean setup you have.