thinking about buying this but i need some advice.. Not good with diesels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd run very fast from that thing based on the shape the truck is in. And for that price I would expect it to be in at least presentable condition, I wouldnt pay more than $600 for that thing.

I'm no help with giving info on 400 diesels though lol.

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has really low miles for being a diesel of that age but id take the mileage and atleast double it for the condition everything mechanicaly would be in. Looks like its been beat on 24 hours a day everyday

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is way to much for that truck, i recently bought a 96 CC longbed in much better shape for less than half of that!

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For that price and shape its in I would put as much distance as I could between me and that truck. like tj stone it looks like its been rode hard and put up wet.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
I would be worried it was in a wreck. The diesel engines run strong, for a long time. But, look at the body. He ran into something pretty hard up on the front end. There could be a bent frame, tie rods, bad ball joints, control arms. Save yourself the money, I guarantee within a year of buying that, you hill be paying at least 2K more in repairs. And... It's fugly. Spend an extra $50 and get yourself that doesn't look, and more than likely drive... Like ****.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the info.. Sometimes I can be blinded by the fact that I want a diesel. I will just stick to my 97 sierra 1/2 ton instead.