NEW GMT400 FOR ME?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC REBEL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Price is too high for a truck with that many miles, the front end on that truck probably needs to be rebuilt as it appears to be running a full crank. Buying a new vehicle because your front end needs to be rebuilt doesn't seem like a very logical thing to do because a front end can be redone in a day, although I understand you probably just want the 4wd. Look that truck over very carefully it has all the tell tale signs of an abusive teenager as an owner, full crank, mud tires, blacked out lights, and dumb windshield banner.

trust me I abused the **** out of a truck just like it once.
thanks, but what does the turning of keys have to do with replacing the front end? how do you know that he didnt have lift key and new shocks on?....btw, do you even have a gmt400 anymore?

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've vowed to never again buy someone else's project. I trust my work more than anyone else.

SC REBEL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've vowed to never again buy someone else's project. I trust my work more than anyone else.
agreed, it is just hard to find a clean stock truck in the south, where everybody has it lifted or full of mods, and they drive the **** out of it and still want an arm and leg for it. i dont know about anyone else but every stock 96-98 i have seen with 150-200,000 are at least 5g's.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
thanks, but what does the turning of keys have to do with replacing the front end? how do you know that he didnt have lift key and new shocks on?....btw, do you even have a gmt400 anymore?
Lift keys do nothing more then allow to crank even more. And new shocks doesn't help the fact that is gives you crazy drive angles. Unless you drop the LCA's and diff you're going to have extreme angles that ware out ball joints and cv joints pretty fast.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know this isnt to me, but im just gonna say, no he doesnt own one, but he knows a lot about them, and trust me, its much easier and probably cheaper to replace the front end, especially if you need new a-arms, then you can just take the old ones off and put in all new, and this can be done in about a day, maybe a weekend if you don't have all the correct tools, or just like to take your time. and lift keys are worthless on these trucks, it hurts the front end the exact same way as cranking, if you know anything about four wheelers, its like if you have a 6inch lifted brute force the lift has to make it wider or your angles are going to be so bad your gonna need new axles after every ride, a crank is like a lift with out widening the front end, or dropping the components down.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score

What does cranking the front end not have to do with replacing the front end? Looking at the truck he probably did buy "lift" keys, which have already been stated as useless by others. Shocks do not help that much, if at all, with your front end wearing out.
And to answer your last question no I don't own one anymore but what does that have to do with anything?

SC REBEL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What does cranking the front end not have to do with replacing the front end? Looking at the truck he probably did buy "lift" keys, which have already been stated as useless by others. Shocks do not help that much, if at all, with your front end wearing out.
And to answer your last question no I don't own one anymore but what does that have to do with anything?
jw, your pics were confusing me.