NEW GMT400 FOR ME?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC REBEL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay guys, a couple of days ago, i discovered that my a-arms were damaged by the shop that put the lift on my 1996 gmc, i took it to the repair shop and they said that i also need new bearings and ball joints, needless to say i need a new front end. i dont have the time to get it fixed, so i am going to put that truck aside as a project truck and invest in a new DD gmt400. i am going to look at one early this week at the beach: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=307154654&dealer_id=588270&car_year=1995&systime=&doors=&model=CHEV150&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&body_style=TRUCKS&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=used&distance=75&min_price=&rdm=1319762264419&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=1147843&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&make3=CHEV&showZipError=y&make2=GMC&certified=&engine=&dma=FLORENCE-MYRTLE_BEACH&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=32&isFlashPlugin=true&transmission=&ct=u&ct=u&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&model3=CHEVC25&color=&address=29547&sort_type=priceDESC&model2=15SIPU4WD&max_price=6000&make=CHEV&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=56&standard=false
let me know what you guys think. I find this truck at a considerable price considering that trucks usually run for a whole lot more money in my area. the truck was customized at a custom shop in myrtle beach, sc.

thanks for looking!!!

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Price is too high for a truck with that many miles, the front end on that truck probably needs to be rebuilt as it appears to be running a full crank. Buying a new vehicle because your front end needs to be rebuilt doesn't seem like a very logical thing to do because a front end can be redone in a day, although I understand you probably just want the 4wd. Look that truck over very carefully it has all the tell tale signs of an abusive teenager as an owner, full crank, mud tires, blacked out lights, and dumb windshield banner.

trust me I abused the **** out of a truck just like it once.

You must be registered for see images attach

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Price doesn't seem very good to me. I agree with whats been said already. It looks abused and anything with high miles like that is asking for at least the same problems that your truck has if not more. The interior is blue and pretty undesirable. Plus, it looks like the dash and door panels are spray painted black and wearing off. To top it off, its a 95, so no vortec. I'd pass. It's a POS thats all shined up. If it was $1500-2000 I'd consider it a pretty good deal and pick it up.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Price isn't good, especially for the mileage and the year. I would look some more, I think you would be happier with a 97 or 98 for the same price, with lower miles. This might just be me, but when I get a new truck, or something, it MUST be stock so I can add my touches to it and not have to worry about rolling with someone elses stuff on it for a while. Just what I like though.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This might just be me, but when I get a new truck, or something, it MUST be stock. Just what I like though.

AMEN TO THAT!!! I 100% agree with that statement and with what Bobby said!!!! I would never NEVER buy a truck that was lifted, or had big ol mud tires, or whips, or anything like that. Because of 2 reasons. 1: You don't know who installed the lift, or who wired in the "system" or how they did it. it could of been done in a dirt floor garage by someone who didn't know the difference between a series and a parallel. And 2: odds are that some young kid had it and beat the **** out of it. You are way way WAY better off buying a stock truck that doesn't have big tires and "custom" this or that. I'm not just talking trucks, but all around I like buying vehicles stock and then making them into a custom. Look for a truck with a topper and running boards, odd are that the previous owner was middle aged and most likely didn't beat the truck :)

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AMEN TO THAT!!! I 100% agree with that statement and with what Bobby said!!!! I would never NEVER buy a truck that was lifted, or had big ol mud tires, or whips, or anything like that. Because of 2 reasons. 1: You don't know who installed the lift, or who wired in the "system" or how they did it. it could of been done in a dirt floor garage by someone who didn't know the difference between a series and a parallel. And 2: odds are that some young kid had it and beat the **** out of it. You are way way WAY better off buying a stock truck that doesn't have big tires and "custom" this or that. I'm not just talking trucks, but all around I like buying vehicles stock and then making them into a custom. Look for a truck with a topper and running boards, odd are that the previous owner was middle aged and most likely didn't beat the truck :)

Couldn't agree more. I searched for like 8 months and when I first started looking I looked for something cool and my old man shut that down pretty fast saying theyd be beat to **** and I'm glad I figured that out fast. Truck I bought had a topper and running boards like ya said and it was in pretty damn good shape so I'm glad i waited for what I really wanted/