The Ugliest Z71 You've Ever Seen.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad_Luck_Club

Reaction score
I bought this truck for $960 bucks the driver's side door was caved in from an accident. Just about every body panel is rotted out unfortunately ,but I've been piecing her together. Door on the driver's side came from a 88 GMC 1500, Passenger side came from a 92 Chevy 1500, and the fenders came from a 88 GMC truck that may have been a diesel truck. There's some miscellaneous trim pieces that came from other trucks. It looks terrible ,but some paint will solve that as soon as I decide on a color.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bad_Luck_Club

Reaction score
Dang! Rusty for sure - give the truck some love rescue stories are the best!

Also, welcome to the forum :)
Thank you! The guy I bought it from wanted to send it to the crusher and it was between this and a K10 that was just as rusty if not worse with a plow for two hundred more bucks. If I had the money I'd save every rusty truck in Illinois and fix them up if I could! Hopefully I can get a bed for it soon and a gas tank. Found out that leaks today.

Bad_Luck_Club

Reaction score
Definitely not the ugliest. It's not squatted with giant rims and stretched tires, so it's at least decent. And with more work, it'll be a nice truck. I'm following this one. Oh and welcome to the forum!

Sent while endlessly scrolling through trucks
Oh yeah! those "BroDozers" I hate those things. Give me my rusty old truck any day of the week! Thanks I can't wait to do more work to it!

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A year in the "body part of the month club" and a nice coat of victory red and that will be one helluva truck . Just pull some interior parts off some of those junkers (if needed) while you are at it . Looks like a fun project.

Welcome !

Bad_Luck_Club

Reaction score
A year in the "body part of the month club" and a nice coat of victory red and that will be one helluva truck . Just pull some interior parts off some of those junkers (if needed) while you are at it . Looks like a fun project.

Welcome !
Thanks! My interior is a hodge podge of different colors at the moment. I really like the red interiors of the older trucks. It would be nice to find some nicely upholstered red bucket seats for my truck because my seats are pretty worn out. Still comfortable though. I've got a long road ahead of me though. I know I am going to enjoy it though!

I was actually leaning towards red but the K20 I used to own was red and my C10 is red. I was wondering how Plastidip is. I do plan on doing some off roading with this truck and I heard Plastidip is tougher than traditional paint and it washes easier.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have read more about getting plasti dip OFF than putting it on, including some adventures written up on here. My suggestion would be to ask some of the more knowledgeable types on here about what to do re paint. Bottom line, do what you want, it's your truck.

Bad_Luck_Club

Reaction score
I have read more about getting plasti dip OFF than putting it on, including some adventures written up on here. My suggestion would be to ask some of the more knowledgeable types on here about what to do re paint. Bottom line, do what you want, it's your truck.
Ok. Thanks! Paint is a long ways away so I'm not even worried. I got to get a new bed and gas tank. Might as well do them at the same time and be done with it.