The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have yet another stupid question.

Ive found that there is a super c notch that allows more room than your basic bolt on notch.

every thread I ran up on that has a link to the exact one, I click on the link and it tells me that the link has no results, or no page found etc....

I would much rather do a notch with more clearance and not have to chop my bed up. any help?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure you could, for raw materials you just need some 3/16 plate, and some 2x2 1/4 wall steel tubing.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know what you said about a 28" tire size for clearance but what size rim & tire combo looks best to fill in the wheel well on these trucks.
I know a 24" to me just doesn't look right.
18"? I don't want to small but I also don't want some that looks like something to big. Do you'll understand what I'm trying to ask here?

Im with Draggin' on this-a 22 looks pretty nice. But, I personally believe it depends on what your purpose for the vehicle is. A 35 series tire (IMO, again) is just not the smart choice for a daily driver-especially if the local roads are anything other than pristine. You can most likely pull it off in southern Cal, parts of Texas, And maybe Florida, but most other places you have to really be on your toes to keep 22s alive. I do think that 20s with a 40-45 series tire still looks good and has practicality on a GMT400 though. But, like everything else, YMMV. I think 18s are too small for a lowered sport truck, BTW...

Muskratt2

Reaction score
Im with Draggin' on this-a 22 looks pretty nice. But, I personally believe it depends on what your purpose for the vehicle is. A 35 series tire (IMO, again) is just not the smart choice for a daily driver-especially if the local roads are anything other than pristine. You can most likely pull it off in southern Cal, parts of Texas, And maybe Florida, but most other places you have to really be on your toes to keep 22s alive. I do think that 20s with a 40-45 series tire still looks good and has practicality on a GMT400 though. But, like everything else, YMMV. I think 18s are too small for a lowered sport truck, BTW...

So basically 20s in your opinion are what looks best?
This truck is being built for a cruiser. Going long trips & such. I want something so that when I want to go somewhere I'm going to hop in it & go. I will say though also that one of my goals is to try & make it handle as close as I can to a sports car as well.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That notch fits underneath the bed floor with the bed brace notched for clearance, you can't get any more notch without cutting the floor.

rmurphy1897

Reaction score
If I did a 4" drop (spring hangers and shackles) on my rearend, would it set level with the front of my truck, which is at factory height? I've got a single cab short wheelbase cheyenne.