The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

torq4u

Reaction score
ok here's my question , anybody run Calmax Control Arms by DJM CA2555L-3 and 2600 bags ? looks like it will work , but we all have been there .
any input welcome new to this frame , use to 60 - 87 gm .

Hotwheelbill

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJM Spindles??
I am looking at using DJM Spindles rather than Belltech springs for my 2" front drop. Am I right in thinking, I can run a standard size front shock with spindle drop only?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can run a standard shock with a lowering spindle because it's just moving the wheel up and nothing else

johnnydrama

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post here but I used to post on FSC a lot. I am running a 2/4 drop on my '90 Sierra RCSS 2WD 5.7 with djm coils and Belltech leaf springs. First let me say thank you for this awesome thread.

Now here is my stupid question and a couple of follow-up stupid questions. Since I did not change the front shocks, aren't they now pre-loaded 2 inches? Shouldn't I need shocks that are two inches shorter? Does anyone know of a shock that is right for this application?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love my belltech street performers. You can find the part number off of summit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnydrama

Reaction score
Thanks!
BTW I feel even stupider now because I just noticed the Stickied ten-page Shock thread just below this one!

bluedevil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a dumb question, My rcsb already had 2" drop shackles, so i purchased drop hangers and 3" drop coils. I really want a 3/5 drop. Is it possible to get 5" of drop out of the rear with some mods? Can the hangers be moved slightly up from the factory holes, or could the shackles be stretched. I know the bed support might have to be notched to clear if i cut and strech them. Would that be safe to have that long of a shackle? I've heard of pulling a leaf also, but most say the cons outweigh the pros. I also know i would be in notch territory, but would fab my own.

bluedevil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres another dumb one...has anyone tried to use a tahoe or burb hanger on a truck...the factory ones look much lower than even a drop hanger

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I read a long time ago that rhe tahoe burb hangers on a truck were like a 3" as opposed to a 2" drop but i cant find that info in print for the life of me

Sent from my SM-N910P